Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Day 5K

The Denver run series this year has the cutest race bibs.  I ran in the Valentine's Day 5K today.

My feet were cold.  I don't really ever remember that happening before or maybe I just didn't notice.

I was hoping they would play the Whitney Houston version of the National Anthem(best performance ever) this morning, but they play a tinny sounding instrumental.

Some runners are dressed as Valentine Candy.  Where do they get their outfits?  It is fun to try and catch these tasty morsels.

I have run this so many times before.  The race ends now almost six minutes later than it used to.  It is a mystery to me.

I still love the sound of my feet striking the pavement, the sound of my breath as I move myself towards the mile markers,  making the final turn on the diagonal.

The sprint begins at the 3 mile mark.  It lasts 10 seconds longer than it used to.

And I still love to run, the feeling of my legs burning, my heart pumping. I just get to enjoy it longer now...

No comments:

Post a Comment