Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Monday, November 4, 2013
I have been traveling the last couple of days and it has been hard for me to post anything.
- Walked my dogs before heading to Austin
- Got some last minute support and encouragement from my wife before beginning my trip.
- Drove 642 miles safely from Denver to Snyder Texas
- Stopped and took a some pictures of a Windmill powered Turbine. This always reminds me of driving to or from Cut Bank to see Kelly.
- While listening to the last 30 seconds of the opening of Ragtime, took my back to Adam's high school play where his voice resonated above the chorus. Life is all about memories. This is one that I will always treasure!
- Promptly locked my keys in the car. Thank goodness I had renewed my AAA membership!
- Found a really nice 24 Hour Fitness that has a Panera Bread 300 yards away :)
- Getting acclimated to Austin. It is green an hilly. Reminds me of Federal Way/Seattle area.
- Streaming Denver Sports Nation on Mile High Sports!
Friday, November 1, 2013
"Practicing gratitude is all about bringing the daily experiences we have to the forefront of our minds.
Of course, gratitude does not erase the bad things that happen, but it is a conscious choice to bring our attention to the positive things (the magic) each day."~Ashley Wilhite
To start us off, think of 3 things that you're grateful for today.
The day started with my dog Harley lying next to me on the couch snoring softly during my meditation practice. As I got up he rolled over on his back in perfect trust and invited me to stroke his stomach.
I had lunch with Laura and Adam today and we spent two hours talking with each other.
At 5:30 Laura stopped by the house and we took Harley, Rocky and Kansas to the dog park.