Tuesday, November 5, 2013

30 Days of Thanks Day 5



Somewhere over Texas

I flew home from Austin on Tuesday morning and took this picture from my window seat.  5 minutes
earlier it the clouds looked like Cotton Candy for as far as you could see. 

It has taken years and years for me to reach the point where I can somewhat enjoy flying.  I used to 
be a white knuckle flyer.  I would lean back in my seat during takeoff to help the pilot get the plane in 
the air.  If the plane backed left or right, I would lean in the opposite direction to ensure the plane stayed aloft. 

I was actually able to close my eyes during the flight and meditate during the flight.

If I hadn't started running marathons for Kelly in 1999, I am not sure if I would have ever gotten to this point. 

Another thing I can be grateful to Kelly for. 

The best part of this I was flying back home.

Be it ever so humble, there is no place like home...

No comments:

Post a Comment