Saturday, February 18, 2012

Gathering Place


For me, one of my favorite places: City Park-Denver Colorado. I have been running races here spanning 3 decades now and what this represents to me is community. 
My running tribe, connection, belonging, memories.


 My first race ever in the dark, running intervals with my daughter last winter while we trained for the Paris marathon.


 Coming together as a community to heal shortly after 9-11, running as part of the United Airlines team.


I love my running community. Today's run supported an organization called the Gathering Place. The Gathering Place is Denver’s only daytime drop-in center for women and children who are experiencing homelessness and poverty. The start line is my gathering place...


The children for Lake International school raised money to support the vital work of the Gathering Place. 


Week after week, the running community comes together and supports numerous non-profits here in Colorado. 

No comments:

Post a Comment