Friday, December 25, 2009

31 Days of Wishes: Day 25 A special wish for my wife



A Tour de Cure Holiday Rider Story...


Twas several months before the Tour de Cure and all through my house,

The elves were stirring and toy building about.

The sleigh was ready to fly through the air,

After the holidays it will be for Tour we'll prepare!



Although my jolly belly looks so good in red,

I'm at serious risk for type 2 I know in my head.

For cookies and sweets I've been such a sap,

When I sit at the mall children barely fit on my lap.



About the 2009 Tour there has been so much chatter,

So in 2010 I will raise money for this important matter.

Away on my bike I will ride like a flash,

I will start right away to fundraise some cash.



By this spring there'll be no more snow,

The weather will be perfect, 70, not a degree below.

Won't everyone be surprised when at Tour de Cure I appear,

I will ride with the pack bringing in the rear.



Now riders, now racers, now families, and children!

Let's fight diabetes, and knock out this vixen!

To the top of the porch! To the top of the wall!

Let's ride for a cure! Ride one, ride all!

Sue,

Wanted you to know that Santa and I will be riding at the Tour De Cure in Boulder, Colorado on August 21, 2010 in honor of your Mom.

My wish for today is to find a cure for Diabetes.

1 comment:

  1. Ross, thanks so much for this thoughtful gift! Your love and support has meant so much to me! I am SO grateful that you chose me to go through all of life's joys and challenges with!
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete