Wednesday, December 23, 2009

31 Days of Wishes: Day 23

Christmas is just two days away.

We always go over to my parents house for Christmas Eve.  This year we will actually be able to observe it on Christmas Eve.

Since this year we can observe Christmas Eve on Christmas Eve, I may need to adjust one of my newer Christmas Eve traditions.  For the last several years, I have done a Christmas Eve lights run.  I will either have to go very early or move my run to Christmas night.

My Mother always makes Chili and Steamed Cranberry pudding.  She always has pumpkin pie made for me as I never acquired the taste for the pudding.

One of the other traditions we have is to write a note on the package to give a hint of what the present might be.  My Mother has done this for as long as I can remember.

Growing up on Christmas morning, we would open our stockings.

When Sue and I got married, we kept our family traditions as my family opened presents on Christmas Eve and her family did that on Christmas morning.

Christmas day we would go over to Sue's mom when before we had kids and then Sheir would come over to our house when the kids were little.  As they got older, we would go over to Sherri's in the afternoon where the kids would have yet another round of Christmas presents.

For many years, we have watched the movie Prancer with Sam Eliot, Abe Vigoda and Cloris Leachman. 

We went to this movie  so many times with Laura when it first came out in 1989.




My wish for today is for everyone to enjoy your holiday traditions with your family.

Do you have a favorite holiday tradition? Do you have a favorite Christmas movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment