Monday, January 11, 2010

Stop it parking lot! Don't you hurt Uncle again!!!

Last week was a busy week with an unplanned adventure in the parking lot as I was leaving work on Wednesday.

Tuesday night I attended a information meeting for Colorado Youth at Risk that Sue was leading. It was interesting to attend an informational meeting for a different non profit. I have atteneded so many TNT infro meetings over the last 11+ years.

Sue did a great job with the presentation. There were 19 people in attendance and 16 of the people wanted to get more information about becoming a mentor.

Gulp. I am one of them. I am excited and scared at the same time.

I decided I didn't have enough athletic goals for 2010 so I joined a group on facebook to workout for 60 minutes for 60 consecutive days.  I began day one yesterday, but have already been derailed as I didn't get home until 10:00 tonight.  At least I wasn't on day 55 and having to start all over again...

One of my favorite bloggers that I follow posted something called 140.4? which intrigued me. An ironman distance is 140.6 miles. Turns out this is an Ironman challenge that occurs over 30 days.

2.4 mile swim
112 miles cycling
26.0 miles running. NO .2 miles at the end of the run.

Here is my chance to almost do an Ironman and I can do it over 30 days. I can almost say with total certainty that this is the only way I will ever do an Ironman. After all, I am not crazy...

However I did decide to sign up soley based on Joy's promise of sharing her hi tech Xcel spreadsheet which appeals to my inner dork, plus the promise of an Ocean city trinket.  Mabye I need to rethink my statement that I am not crazy :) 

Wednesday as I was leaving work, I stepped on a patch of black ice and suddelnly found myself flat on my back. I broke my fall with the back of my head. 

After a couple of days of muscle relaxants and lots of sleeping, I seem to be on the mend although I am still quite sore.

I also signed up to participate in Pound for Pound challenge.  I pledged to lose 21 pounds and donate the amount I lose to the Food Bank of the Rockies. 

Tonight I went to a TNT training meeting for the Summer season.  I am going to be a team training captain for the Denver Central team.

I will set up water stops for four of the weekend runs, arrange a group fundraiser in February and a team social in March and whatver else they can think of to ask me to do.

Have you ever signed up for something on a whim?  Would an Xcel spreadsheet complete with drop down menu's inspire you to sign up to take on the "Ironman"?

I have made some wonderful friendships soley because the title of a blog post prompted me to read on.

I have made a wonderful friend because she was intrigued when she saw Kelly's name in the title of a blog that we both happen to read.

Have you ever clicked on a blog because you were intrigued by the title, read all the way to the end and not understood the point of the title?

1 comment:

  1. OUCH! Glad to hear you're on the mend from that fall.

    Hope that spreadsheet lives up to your expectations. Geez, if I knew how much that meant to you, I would've stuck some snazzy macro in there or something.

    ReplyDelete