Sunday, January 3, 2010

A full New Years Weekend

Wow.  This was a full weekend.

Sue and I went to a New Years Eve party on Friday night.  It was the first New Years Eve party we have gone to since 1983, so I guess we were due.

We each made a vision board at the party of things we wanted in the year and decade ahead.




My vision board had a picture of a lean muscular cyclist.  I had serious quadricep envy!  I told Sue that is what I want to look like on the bike.  A person can dream!

I also cut out a picture of a Merlin road bike selling for a mere, 4,803 dollars.  Might as well dream big. 

I selected motivational text images, "Love your life", "Unlimited", "Fall in love with fitness",  "Act fast", "Never say Never", "Big Results".

I had one travel picture, of a place in Italy.  That is where I intend to look way cool on my 4,803 dollar road bike.

Saturday morning, we went to Le Peep to celebrate my mothers birthday on Palindrome day, 01022010.

The numbers are the same left to right and right to left.

We had a nice time chatting with my Mother, Dad and my sister.  Laura and Adam were able to come so it was a full house of Kinney's.

Sue and I headed up to Blackhawk to spend the evening, where we had a wonderful dinner at the Timberline resturant. 



The wonderful Light the Night gals had given me a 100.00 gift certificate as a thank you for my volunteer work.

We had an yummy Cheesecake for desert.




Then Sue hit the video poker machines.  At one point she was up $12.50, but alas we lost it all. 




Sunday morning, we drove up to do Henderson Mines west of Empire Colorado and went snowshoeing.  We had a great time.  The conditions were perfect.  A lightly falling snow accompanied us on our hike up the Henderson Gulch trail.  It was a scene right out of a Norman Rockwell picture.  It was so much fun.







On the way home, we stopped for Pizza at Beau Jo's.

It was a fun and full weekend!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like a fun weekend! And the board is a great idea. "Get Sexy" LOL :)

    ReplyDelete