Friday, May 23, 2008

Need some inspiration? Lovelets-Megan's bracelets of hope

I stumbled across this today when I was at Panera Bread. I seem to find interesting things on their bulletin board.

Megan Dickey, who swam on Laura's club swim team passed away last summer after a battle with bone cancer at the age of 13. One of her friends has started an organization to provide gifts to children that are sick. She recently had a meeting with the CEO of children's hospital here in Denver. After Meagan passed away, she decided to make a difference. No moping around.

How awesome is that? I have no words to describe that. I am not sure how old Jenni is. I think she is 14 or 15, somewhere around there.

Please check out her website. For a 10.00 donation she will send you a special homemade lovelet bracelet or leave her a note of encouragement on her blog.

This all goes to benefit children. What a fantastic young lady Jenni is.

www.lovelets.org

2 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Jenni. I am 13. Please email us at lovelets.hope@gmail.com. Thanks for blogging about us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a comment today from Jenni on my post about her website. Jenni is 13 years old. Even more remarkable. All I can say is WOW.

    13 years old and has a heart that wants to serve others.

    Thanks Jenni for the hope and inspiration you provide.

    ReplyDelete