Thursday, January 12, 2012

Synchronicity

Monday was the 23rd anniversary of Kelly's birthday.

When I got home Monday I opened a package that had come in the mail.

1/9/2012
 I participated in a virtual run last month to support a friend of mine who is training for the Tinkerbell 1/2 marathon and raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

I was so amazed that of all days this would have come in the mail on Kelly's birthday.

I think it is my favorite medal ever.  I love the words on the medal.

Share love-Give Life.

Kelly shared her life and gave us her love.  Share life, give love.

Even now, I think Kelly knows when I need a little nudge, some encouragement.  A reminder of her love and the connection we shared with one another.

I remember her first birthday in heaven, a glimpse of a sunrise.

1/9/2009

I want to introduce you to a young woman who I will be writing quite a bit about in the coming months.
Tebowing, perfect form!
A Tebow fan!

I met Cassie earlier this summer through an organization called Youth for Parker.  Cassie is an amazing young woman and someone that I really admire for all of the great work she is doing in the world.

I had the honor of nominating Cassie to run as a candidate in the Leukemia and Lymphoma's Society Man/Woman of the year campaign.   Cassie was my top choice, hands down and I knew if she accepted she would be all in.  When I first talked with the campaign manager for the Man/Woman of the year, Caitlin told me that one of the candidates from last year was the youngest person to ever run in this national campaign.  Catherine was 15 years old.  I knew Cassie was 14 at the time when I nominated her and I wondered if she would now be the youngest person to ever run as a woman of the year candidate.  I was blown away when I found out that Cassie was born on January 9.  She shares a birthday with Kelly.  I had goosebumps when I saw that.  I knew I had to ask her.  This was not a random coincidence.  To me, this was synchronicity.

"People love mysterious things, and synchronicity is like magic happening to them," says Carolyn North, author of Synchronicity: The Anatomy of Coincidence (Regent Press). "It gives us a sense of hope, a sense that something bigger is happening out there than what we can see, which is especially important in times like this when there are so many reasons for despair."


Cassie celebrated her 15th birthday on Monday.  Cassie has accepted the nomination.  She has joined the blood cancer freedom fighter revolution.  Cassie is standing for the possibility of a world where blood cancer can't exist.

Deeply honoring moments in my life.

1.  Asking Sue to marry me and having her say Yes :)
2.  Kelly inviting me to go to Disneyland in 2001 on what could have been their last trip as a family.
3.  Being asked to be a pall bearer for Kelly and help lay her body to rest.  This was a sacred honor.
4.  Cassie accepting the nomination to run as a woman of the year candidate, becoming a voice for blood cancer awareness, standing for Kelly's life.

In Cassie's words, "Look out Colorado, we are going to Rock the Rockies.!!!."

No comments:

Post a Comment