Thursday, December 8, 2011

Reverb11: Giving

Throughout December, I will be sharing my personal responses to the prompts of Reverb11Below is my response from the seventh prompt.

Prompt 7: Giving. “The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The meaning of life is to give your gift away.” (David Viscott) What is your gift to give?



I have been avoiding answering this prompt and while procrastinating I read this on Cynthia Oceill's blog,  


"You want to live a big life and create real change, but you're afraid to take strides toward your dreams, to risk failure and rejection. You're clinging to your small life to avoid pain. You cannot stand in achievement or magnificence and stay in the comfort of littleness or the delusion of unworthiness too. Man up (you too, ladies) and give your littleness away".-Cynthia Occelli


What is your gift to give?  I am not sure I know the answer to that question and it is a question that I desperately want to answer.  Playing small, playing safe is not serving me or the world. 


I attended a board retreat for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society seven weeks ago and I created a personal vision statement.  We were instructed to share our vision  with three people every day in order to keep it alive and other than telling my wife I have not declared my vision.   Along with the vision there has to be an intention and a commitment. 


I have reached the point in my life where I want  to feel inspired.   I want to live an inspired life and be able to inspire others.   I want to write and I resist writing, putting myself out into the world. 


I am not sure if my vision is my purpose and I know if I lived into my vision, I would be living from inspiration and magnificence.  If I inspire others than I am giving my gift away. 


I am inspiring communities to join the Blood Cancer Freedom Fighter revolution where we are all engaged in the fight to create a world without blood cancer. 


I intend to enroll people in my vision. 


I commit to declaring my vision to the world. 


That big decision you're putting off? This is your permission to just do it. Light, Love, Belief in you. Now, go-Shayna Lister Hefner



No comments:

Post a Comment