Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Running with Keegan

Thursday morning, I proclaimed as Thankful Thursday and posted my status message on Twitter :

Good morning. It is thankful Thursday. What three things are you thankful for today?

I got an immediate reply from a friend of mine and even got a retweet of the message. That is prestigious in Twitter land when someone reposts a message! My day was off to a good start.

I got my first run of the year in pushing my great nephew Keegan(2 1/2 years old) in the baby jogger on Thursday.

Wow, just like all of my runs have been this year, it is so much harder than it was a year ago. Keegan is a lot bigger than he was last fall.

I can't believe a year ago, I could push Keegan up some really steep hills at the Slattery 5K runs.

The Irish Snug runs are really tame compared to Slattery's and it was just totally exhausting physcially, but a lot of fun to be able to spend time with the "Krazy baby" as my daughter Laura would say.

He fussed just for a moment at the start when I left ahead of Laura, his mother(Kristin) and a friend of Laura's from high school(Michelle).

Once we got going he was fine. He kept asking where La La was. That is what he calls Laura. I kept telling him that she was right behind us and that she had to stop and tie her shoe. Silly, La La.

We saw lots of puppies, which he always likes and the highlight of the run was when Keegan saw a helicopter. He was quite excited to tell La La all about the helicopter when we got back to the Irish Snug. Keegan now knows how to make the sound of a helicopter rotor. It was really funny.

My three things that I was thankful for on Thursday:

My Family
My friends
Running with a Krazy baby!

My goal is to post a Thankful Thursday column each week.

I need to be mindful of all of the things I have to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment