Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Life lesson at Yoga

I managed to go to Yoga tonight for the first time in a couple of weeks. There was a new teacher tonight subbing for the Tuesday night instructor.

For the most part, I didn't like the class tonight. It was really hard, my legs were burning. Ouch!

I remember thinking I am not going to go to her Thursday night class.

It is interesting that when I seem to be the least open to learning, I encounter someone who has something that to teach me.

We were doing a pose called Dancer which is a balancing pose. You reach forward with one hand while grabbing your back foot. Sarah said this is a pose to teach you about the past and the future. Lean to far backwards(toward the past) and you fall. Lean to far forward(to the future) and again you fall.

Life is about being present. That is really all we have so one might as well be present.

At the end of the practice, she had us place our hands at heart center, at our lips and our thumbs at our third eye center.

Peace in your heart, peace in your words and peace in your thoughts.

I really liked that message.

She reiterated that we always close the practice by saying Namaste.

The light in me acknowledges the the light in you.

I have heard this countless times at the end of Yoga class. Tonight I listened.

4 comments:

  1. I've heard it said that you have to hear something 18 times for it to stick.

    And while you seemed to think you weren't open to it, apparently, you were.

    L&L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that thought. Peace is something that has eluded me much of my life..running has brought great peace to my thoughts, mind and heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently I am a slow learner or I don't listen very well. Don't tell my wife...

    L&L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Middalia,

    I am so glad to hear that running has brought great peace to you.

    Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete