Friday, March 6, 2009

To Laiken on her birthday




This has been a very emotional day for me. Today would have been Laiken's 14th birthday.

I have written about Laiken before here

While I never had the honor of meeting Laiken, I feel as I know her through her Mother ,reading her posts about Laiken.

There are so many ways Laiken reminds me of Kelly, her spirit, her courage, the way she cared for others while fighting for her own life.

I have adopted Laiken as one of my team angels. Laiken's picture is right next to Kelly's on the back of the singlet I wore at the Denver marathon last fall, the ribbon of her name right next to her picture.

Special thanks to Donna for overnighting a Love 4 Laiken shirt for me so I could have one to wear on Laiken's birthday. I wore my shirt to my Yoga class, dedicated my practice to Laiken. Laura and I proudly wore our shirts to lunch.

Happy Birthday Laiken. You are loved and missed by so many.

I hope you and Kelly had a great day together celebrating your birthday.

Love 4 Laiken always and forever.








1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got your shirt. That photo makes me cry all the time. That bear was with her at her viewing.

    I can't believe it's been nearly a year.

    Love and Light. Courage.

    ReplyDelete