Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Unabated, the battle rages on


I received the sad news today from a fellow Team in training teammate that her patient hero Laiken Kenwood passed away yesterday afternoon at the age of 13.

I never had the honor of meeting Laiken, only knew a little bit about her story from Shayna who is walking for her at the Nike Women's marathon this fall in San Francisco.

How sad to face another loss of a beautiful young girl from this unrelenting disease that never takes a day off.

Please keep Laiken's family in your prayers.

I take comfort in knowing that Kelly most likely greeted Laiken at the gates of heaven and they are now best friends who are free of their cancer forever.

My heart remains steadfast for Kelly and now Laiken. I will continue to fight for them and honor their courage and their lives.

Love never ends, never.

1 comment:

  1. Ross,

    I love to read you blog. I wish we lived closer to each other so we could just sit and visit. We are so sorry to hear about this other young lady and I know her and Kelly are together now.

    God Bless,
    Don

    ReplyDelete