Saturday, December 1, 2012

Reverb 2012




#REVERB12 BUTTON. This explosive and colorful Reverb Button was done by the blogger Ms Curlypops. It is being used by the bloggers participating in #Reverb12. You see it on the right side of this blog entry!

I will be blogging throughout the month of December following various writing prompts from the web.  Today's prompt comes from Kat who blogs from Australia.   i am not sure how often I will be reverberating, but for now I have a streak of one day!

So, without further ado, the first prompt for #Reverb12 is:

How are you starting this last month of 2012?

Take a moment, close your eyes, take a deep breath and ask yourself the question: how do you feel...

... in your body? in your mind? in your day job? in your creative life? in your heart?


I would say that I am beginning the last month of the year in a state of curiosity and I also think I am going to choose that as my word for the upcoming year.  To be curious, an active desire to learn or to know. 

I have spent a good deal of time over the last several weeks immersed in a new programming language called Ruby which utilizes Ruby on Rails as the framework for building web applications.  This has opened up an exciting possibility for me as I can see myself doing this and having fun in the process.  

I can see that learning Ruby will have practical benefits as well as benefiting an aspect of my creative life. 

I have circled around where my writing could take me and then curiously the more things I do to develop a writing practice seem to lead me away from actually writing. 

For the month of December I hope to write more frequently in response to the Reverb prompts as well as participating in The Twelve Days of Love Letter Writing

So as I begin this last month of December, I feel a renewed sense of optimism that I haven't felt in some time.   I am open to the new challenges and curious as to where this might lead to. 

I am excited about learning new things, reading just for fun and writing.

My hope for this month and beyond is to be open, to be childlike in my curiosity, to be open to wonder. 




No comments:

Post a Comment