Monday, March 12, 2012

Cassandra Perkins, Woman of the Year Campaign is underway

And we are off! 


Rocking blood cancer!


Fighting for the world we want to create.  Fighting for our angels and our heroes. 


The polls are open to begin voting for the Man/Woman of the year candidates. 







What is Man & Woman of the Year?

Each year, in communities across the country, dynamic, passionate candidates engage in a spirited competition to earn The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's "Man & Woman of the Year" titles, by raising funds for blood cancer research. The candidates compete in honor of children who are local blood cancer survivors, the Boy & Girl of the Year. Every dollar counts as one vote, and the titles are awarded to the man and woman with the most votes at the end of ten weeks; the top local fundraisers in the country win the national titles.
Man & Woman candidates are goal-oriented and compassionate. Their relentless efforts are focused on making life better for hundreds of thousands of patients battling blood cancers: leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma.

I had the honor this year to nominate Cassandra Perkins to run as a woman of the year candidate for the Rocky Mountain Chapter. 


I met Cassandra last summer through some volunteer work I was doing with Youth for Parker and Project Sanctuary.  As I got to know Cassandra, I became more and impressed with this young woman.   

I listened to Cassandra speak at the Evolve Expo last fall and was mesmerized by the story she shared and totally blown away by how powerful she was in her own life at the age of 14 and so touched by her determination to make a difference in the world. 

Cassandra's bio includes:

I would say that is a pretty impressive looking resume and Cassandra is 15 years old!

Dynamic, passionate, inspirational, compassionate, fearless are just a few words I would use to describe Cassandra.

I nominated Cassandra because I truly believe that she is going to have a huge difference in this race to find a cure for blood cancer. 


I hope you will support Cassandra during her 10 week campaign as she fights to create a world without blood cancer and be as inspired by her as I am.   


A world without cancer awaits.  Let's rock this!


No comments:

Post a Comment