Thursday, April 29, 2010

Trepidation

Tonight is the pairing ceremony where I will find out which young person I am going to be mentor for the next 12 months.

I am incredibly stressed out and nervous about this process.

The mentor training I took earlier this year and the launch course two weeks ago feel like it happened such a long time ago.

I feel woefully unprepared right now.

Can I do this?

Can I make a difference?

Do I have anything to offer a young person?

Will my young person hate me and quit the program because they are paired with me?

Yikes.

One of the other mentors I met at the launch course has a great acryonym for F.E.A.R

He describes fear as a fantasy expectation appearing real.

I hope that is all this is. Is this jus  another story my physcotic 24 x 7  roommate has planted in my head?

Most of the things I spend so much time and energy worrying about never come to pass and yet I I continue on  in my story.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment