Sunday, March 28, 2010

A post about running

It has been a long time since I have written anything about running.

I ran for the first time today since Saint Patricks Day. 

I used to run six days a week and it seems like now I might run one day a week.

It is strange how running had gone from being something that used to bring me such joy has now become a chore.

I can't remember the last time I  really enjoyed being out for a run.

I keep wrestling with wondering if it is just time for me to trade my running shoes for my cycling shoes.

I may have run my last marathon and if that is the case that is okay.  I ran 16 marathons.  Something I never thought I would do or could do.

Along the way, I fell in love with a young girl that ended up changing my life in ways I would have never dreamed of.

I have met many amazing people and have some wonderful friendships with people that I hope one day I will be able to meet in person.

So for now, I am going back to the beginning. 

When I first started running, I learned how to run using my own modified version of the Jeff Galloway run/walk program.

Right now, running isn't fun for me and so I hope to go back and fall in love with running all over again.

Today, I walked for 90 seconds and ran for 30 seconds.  I repeated that  sequence 19 times.  I only ran 9.5 minutes over the 38 minutes.  I actually ran for the 30 second interval instead of the slogging through the run.

I would like to run another marathon again someday.  I don't know if I ever will.  Time will tell.

For now, I want to have fun again.

Has anyone ever run into a problem like this?  No pun intended.

What do you do to put the fun back into your running?

No comments:

Post a Comment