Thursday, March 4, 2010

Disney Memories with Kelly


I have several bloggy, facebook, twitter friends running the Disney princess half marathon this weekend in Orlando and I got to thinking about the magical days that Adam and I spent with Kelly and her family nine years ago.

I even got a signed Kelly Grubb original that I will always treasure.

Kelly, being the kind and sweet person that she is, made this for me when she found out the Tigger was my favorite Winnie the Pooh character.

The last day of the trip, we went to the character breakfast where Kelly, Adam, Molly and Rose all collected numerous autographs.

A weekend filled with a lifetime of memories to treasure. 

Kelly and her family really taught me the importance of making memories.  One of the many lifetime gifts I received by being a part of Kelly's journey, being a part of her family.

I was just awestruck the entire time we spent together.  The look of joy on her face at the California Adventure ride when Tinker Bell flies over Cinderalla's castle is something I will never forget.

Just one of many of the once in a lifetime memories I have of Kelly.

Thanks Kelly, for being my friend, my hero, my inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. We have so very many wonderful marathon memories as a family because of you!! So I want to say thanks for being so passionate about finding a cure and making such a huge impact to our family!! And I am looking forward to many more memories with you! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete