Monday, August 31, 2009

Skirt Chaser 5K

Laura, Ryan and Vicki at the 5K Skirt Chaser.



This is a bit different than all of the other road races. The women all start off first with the men's division starting 3 minutes later.



First person, regardless of gender to cross the finish line wins $500.00



Before the race, we stopped by the Hot 107 van and encountered a very nice young man(Ryan), wearing a very pink skirt.



I asked him if I could take his picture and he even flashed a bit of extra skin. Too funny.



Laura said the leading man passed her before the one mile mark. He was smoking. She was sure that he was going to win the overall race.



I ran pretty good for me these days. 8:33, 8:33, 8:29 and .45 for the last .1.



26:15! I will take it. The best part for me was I ran the race totally pain free. It has been a long way back this year.



I had fun hanging out after the race with Laura and Vicki. Good times.



Oh, the ladies won the race this year and fairly handily(17 seconds or so).

1 comment: