Monday, August 10, 2009

Brittany and Brandan fight on

Brandan went on his Make-A-Wish trip last week to go on a Disney cruise with his family.

My friend Brittany who is a 8 1/2 year AML survivor was able to spend some time with Brandan before they left and I suspect she may have spoiled him just a little bit.

I think this is pretty cool. Two of the heroes that I ride for, run for, spending some time together.

Brandan has a rare and dangerous form of Acute Myelogenous Leukemia. He has a long and difficult road ahead of him, so please keep Brandan and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

I met Brandan for the first time at the Team in Training Winter kickoff last year. Brandan is about the same age as my great nephew Keegan. So hard to imagine how different their young lives are.

I am so excited for this Thursday to arrive. Brittany is moving back to Denver! I am going to meet her at the airport and if time allows we will run over to the Mile High Station for the Denver Light the Night kickoff celebration.

Brittany is an avid volunteer for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. When she was in Orlando, I don't know how many events she went to for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, in addition to the time she spent volunteering at Give kids the World. Every time she has a chance to volunteer, raise awareness, give something back to the cancer community she is there.

Brittany and her family have raised over 100,000 through the Team in Training program.

Relentless for a cure and Brittany go hand in hand.

It is going to be great to have her back in Colorado and have her lend her passion and support to the Rocky Mountain Chapter.

Game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment