Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dream Big

I was shocked and deeply saddened to hear yesterday that Sean O'Malley of Cardio Coach had passed unexpectedly on March 25, 2012.




Laura had given me a series of workouts from the Cardio Coach website for Christmas last year so Sean and I have spent a lot of time together over the last 3 plus months.


I had just done a workout with Sean's voice in my ear on Saturday morning.  I really felt sad.  I only knew Sean through a voice in my headphones, encouraging me to give my best.  


"Put pride in your back pocket because the sprint at the top of this hill cares nothing for your pride, and neither do the remaining hills in this challenge.  They just want to break you, but they won't do that today.  You will not be broken."~Sean O'Malley Volume 6, Challenge 1. 


 His message was always so uplifting.  He had an inspiring message to deliver and he shared his voice, his gift. 


I hoped that maybe Sean had passed during a workout, on a long run, pushing himself, doing something he loved.   You hear about that from time to time. 


I searched the internet for some news.  I saw something on Facebook that hinted that Sean may have taken his own life. 


I found this on a forum chat that was written by Sean's sister. 


Thank you Sean for your inspiring messages, for being the whispered voice in my hear to live my life with the energy of my true potential, to dream and live big. 


This is my favorite quote from Sean on Volume 2 of the Cardio Coach workout. 


"Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams"~Sean O'Malley


Rest in peace Sean, you will be missed. 


In the meantime, dream big!

No comments:

Post a Comment