Sunday, December 19, 2010

Lights and Love 4 Laiken

Tuesday night I joined the Runners Edge of the Rockies for their annual Christmas Lights run from the Irish Snug here in Denver.



The run had special meaning for me this year as it coincided with a Christmas lighting ceremony in Chino Hills, California for a special young girl, Laiken Kenwood.



Laiken loved Christmas and Christmas lights. Laiken's Mom hosts this event in Laiken's memory each year and makes hot chocolate for everyone that comes to attend this event to honor Laiken's life.

Laiken passed away 2 1/2 years ago and much like Kelly she continues to be loved by all who knew her and have been touched by her life.

For me, I ran to honor the life of this sweet young girl, I stopped to enjoy the lights and love for Laiken that burns brightly in our hearts.

L&L x 13 x forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment