Monday, September 14, 2009

Fans on the Field

Today was the 4th annual Fan on the Field 5K and 10K run.

                                            Keegan shares some last minute advice for LaLa

The 10K runners(Laura and I) get a chance to run through the Pepsi Center, Coors Field and Invesco at Mile High.  How I hate that name.  I will always call it Mile High stadium.

The 5K runners(Adam and Keegan) hit the Pepsi Center and Mile High stadium.

The race director completley rerouted the 10K race course this year as we hit the Pepsi Center first, then ventured to Coors Field and finally coming back to Mile High.  Not sure why they did it.  It may have been to alleviate congestion on the course and it did seem somewhat better this year from that standpoint.

Fans on the Field is a fun race that benefits the National Sports Center for  the Disabled.   

It was great to see so many kids out running with their parents today and I felt very lucky that this is an event that my kids and I look forward to each year.  Adam only does a couple of 5K's each year so  I think there need to be more 5K runs that have something to do with the Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets and the Avalanche and he will be there :)

I got to high five the Nugget mascot, Rocky.  Hands down the best mascot in profesional sports.  I wish I had gotten his picture.

The run was a bit of a struggle for me.  I have down so much slow running this year, I am having a hard time trying to get back into a faster pace. 

                                                  The runners hit the Pepsi Center
                                          Off to Coors Field.  The little girl with the pony tail was fast!
Heading to home plate to greet Dinger!
My obligatory water picture :)
                                                       A little Kung Fu fighting, courtesy of Keegan

No comments:

Post a Comment