Saturday, May 30, 2009

Not again

I found out today that my cousin's daughter has been diagnosed with bone cancer at the age of 11.

It is in her right shoulder. It is a rare kind and aggressive. She started chemo on Monday. She was in the hospital 3 days with a constant drip.

She will wait 3 weeks and then go in for 5 more days for the constant drip. She has a 95% chance to make the first year. I guess they will do this hoping it will shrink enough to remove it surgically. The treatments will continue as long as it is working.

The Make a Wish foundation has told her make a wish and they would see that it comes true.
We are all devastated, but are keeping positive that she will someday be completely well. She is in God's hands. Please pray for her!

There just seems to be no end to this. As a mother of a little boy who died earlier this year of neuroblastoma cancer said, "Something has got to give".

To anyone that is reading this please click here and light a candle to show your support for Trista.

L&L x 11...





6 comments:

  1. ugh. Ross, I HATE to hear this. I will be praying for her, for her strength, and for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I run marathons with Team in Training, which works in conjunction with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Stories like this break my heart. I will keep Trista in my thoughts and we will all keep running until we find a cure....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather,

    Thanks for your prayers. It is so sad to hear of one so young being diagnosed with cancer. I so appreciate your efforts to raise money for young people with cancer. I pray that Trista will have that opportunity to be a young adult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shayna,

    Thanks for the L&L many times over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah,

    I am also a TNT participant. Thank you so much for your efforts to find a cure for blood cancers.

    Yes, we will run and ride on till that day when a cure is found.

    I am honored to be on your team in this fight.

    ReplyDelete