Thursday, September 25, 2008

Light the Night with hope and love for Kelly and Laiken






I have been to three Light the Night walks over the last couple of weeks, one in Longmont, Denver and Boulder.



I was a team captain for the Denver Light the Night on September 25. There were over 6,000 walkers at the Denver walk which was a new record.

Sue, Laura, Adam joined me along with our niece Kristin and great nephew Keegan, my Mom and sister and two new friends we met at New City Church, Jerry and Carol.

Before the walk there was a remembrance ceremony to honor those that have left us too soon because of this disease.

The chaplain from the Denver Hospice center read a beautiful poem during the ceremony. He was kind enough to let me have his copy of it.

And if I go,
while you're still here...
Know that I live on,
vibrating to a different measure

--behind a thin veil you cannot see through
You will not see me,
so you must have faith.

I wait for the time when we can soar together again,

--both aware of each other.

Until then, live your life to its fullest.

And when you need me,

Just whisper my name in your heart,

...I will be there.


I think that is what Kelly and Laiken would want us all to do, live our lives to their fullest each and every day. Though those that love them miss them so much, they will always be in our hearts.












No comments:

Post a Comment